+972 (54) 4949-499
I am a passionate software engineer with deep understanding of software systems and extensive experience in software architecture, planning and developing complex systems.
A goal oriented team player with strong interpersonal skills who loves thinking out of the box, taking on new challenges, and problem solving.
I am also an active maintainer of several open source projects.
I am looking for new challenges that involve large scale systems and cutting edge technologies.
Senior Software Engineer
August 2012 - Present
Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd.
Software Group Leader
October 2010 - August 2012
- Leading a group of 4 teams, consisting of 12 software and test engineers, developing mission planning systems in the domains of GIS, computer vision and aerospace engineering.
- Responsible for pricing, project planning and project delivery estimations in a $100 million project.
- Working closely with cross functional teams – I supervise and coordinate development with project managers, system engineers, and clients.
- Led implementation of Agile/Scrum methodologies across several engineer groups.
- Key member of the division's administration staff, taking part in strategic and long-term decision making.
- Recruited 10 engineers to join my division. Serve as the technical interview lead and as part of the division's recruiting team.
April 2007 - October 2010
- Responsible for architecture and software design across 5 projects.
- Mentor and a professional authority, providing vision and direction. Set policies, standards and introduced new frameworks and tools.
- Member of the division's architecture forum, I ran architecture reviews on all projects and served as a consultant for different teams.
- Presented and trained software team leaders in several topics ranging from system architecture and methodologies to system design and specific technologies.
February 2006 - October 2010
- Led 4 teams of 2-4 people, developing mission critical systems:
- Distributed C4I simulation demo
- Record and playback system for C4I system
- Distributed Monitor & Control watchdog service
- Distribution and tunneling framework on top of MSMQ transport
- Introduced Test-Driven Development process to teams’ work procedures.
Elbit Systems Ltd.
Senior Software Engineer
April 2003 - April 2004
- Designed and built code-generating modules for IDF's army largest distributed C4I system.
February 2002 - April 2003
- Led a team of 3 software analysts.
- Performed use-case analysis of core modules.
IDF – C4I Systems Division (Lotem)
August 2001 - February 2002
- Led the UI Infrastructure team for a large army C4I system. Directly managed two employees.
- Built common user controls in Visual Basic.
- Worked directly with clients to write system's principal operations specifications.
IDF – Techno-Logistic Computing Center (Mamtal)
April 1999 - August 2001
- Analyzed, designed and developed a military provisioning expert system.
- C++/Motif and Visual Basic in Windows and UNIX environments.
Open Source Projects Contribution
Adds the new C# 5 async for older .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0 projects
A novel and innovative RPC based, one-way asynchronous communication framework
A generic state-machine framework, with support for active/passive machines, exposed events and rich exception handling.
- Adopted an old "orphan" open source project.
- Rewrote it using generic programming.
- Added new features and improved API.
- Improved quality via unit tests and code coverage.
Omer Mor (2009) "Accelerating Enum-Based Dictionaries with Generic EnumComparer", CodeProject
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa
B.Sc. in Computer Science
1996 – 1999
- Received the Dean’s Excellence Award, 1997
- Fluent in C#, Java and C++
- System Planning, Architecture, Design and Delivery
- Expertise in Distributed Systems
- Deep understanding of Multi-Threaded and Multi-Process Applications
- Expertise in Code Generation applications
- Low Level Debugging & Profiling
- Worked with Relational (SQL Server, Oracle) and NoSQL databases (RavenDB)
- Extensive knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux environments
- Design Patterns and Principles (SOLID) and Agile development methodologies
English & Hebrew
Awards and Prizes
Recognition Award for professional and quality recruiting effort
Recognition Award for ongoing quality and excellent work
Recognition Award for outstanding technical achievement
Dean’s Excellence Award
Faculty of Computer Science, Technion, 1997